MEP/FP Engineering and Construction Administration
Cypress Bay High School
SGM Engineering provided MEP/FP services for the Cypress Bay High School Renovations, Repairs, and Additions project. This project addressed the issue of overcrowding and enhanced the safety and functionality of the campus. Design included a new three-story, 78,885 SF classroom building to replace 61 portables and system upgrades to existing buildings. SGM’s scope of work for this project included:
- Replacement of rooftop AHU’s
- Addition of chiller plant for new classroom building
- Installation of a new fire protection system connected to the existing campus fire line.
- Installation of a new non-proprietary campus-wide addressable fire alarm and detection system
- Provided new lighting, emergency lighting, and egress lighting under canopies interconnecting the buildings and egress paths.
- Provided a new intercom system with rack-mounted head-end equipment, desktop administrative stations, ceiling mounted speakers, call-in switches and exterior horns. The system
- provides distribution for talk back in all classrooms and audibility in all common spaces.